Six Flags 2018 New Attractions List
Here is the complete list of new Six Flags rides for the upcoming 2018 season! Stay tuned throughout the year for continued construction updates and eventual point of view videos.
- Riders experience up to 12 head-over-heels inversions;
- After the two trains travel back and forth, the ride does three forward rotations and another three in the opposite direction;
- A tantalizing “High Five” moment – when the two high speed trains pass each other at a combined speed of 70 miles per hour giving the illusion that riders can actually reach out and “high five” the other riders as they careen by.
- An interactive, multi-platform playground for the entire family;
- Dozens of geysers, jets, sprays, wheels and more;
- 9 open and enclosed slides with 600 feet of sliding fun; and
- A giant tipping bucket.
- CraZanity – where 40 riders will experience speeds up to 75 miles-per-hour as they reach a world-record 17 stories high;
- The pendulum swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise;
- As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at 172 feet in the air; and,
- World’s largest coaster of its kind; 100 feet tall;
- 360 degree revolutions with multiple inversions;
- 32 seats in unique “face-off” design, with guests seated back-to-back and face-to-face;
- Inverted hang-time with riders suspended upside down for extended times; and
- The park’s 16th coaster.
- A hybrid, zero-gravity drop slide;
- A 125-ft long whirlpool bowl with a 54-ft vertical drop;
- A unique 45-ft. high wave wall that sends riders into weightlessness;
- Cloverleaf tube seats four people all facing each other; and
- Pumps 300,000 gallons of water per hour.
“Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, announces the next generation in thrill rides and the first-of-its-kind in North America—HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity. Staying true to its namesake, DC iconic Super-Villain HARLEY QUINN and inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, this ride promises to deliver a new level of thrills with unpredictable, gravity-defying flips, twists and turns.
HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night, the attraction promises to light up the North Texas skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.
HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity highlights include:
- Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;
- Unnerving floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;
- Dazzling nighttime light display; and
- Located in the GOTHAM CITY section of the park.
HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity is expected to debut in spring of 2018.”
Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster
“Six Flags Over Georgia—the Thrill Capital of the South—today announced the all-new Twisted Cyclone hybrid roller coaster will arrive in 2018. Twisted Cyclone will offer guests the best of both worlds—a classic wooden structure combined with a modern, steel track for multiple inversions and a smoother, more thrilling riding experience.
Twisted Cyclone highlights include:
- An insanely steep 75-degree initial drop from nearly 100 feet into a jaw-dropping reverse cobra roll sending riders perpendicular to the ground;
- Three hair-raising upside down inversions and 10 airtime moments along approximately 2,400 feet of track at speeds of 50 miles per hour;
- The feeling of weightlessness through a 360-degree zero gravity roll;
- One-of-a-kind custom coaster trains modeled after a classic 1960’s sports convertible; and
- A smoother, sleeker, more intense ride than ever before.
Construction on Twisted Cyclone is underway and the ride is expected to debut in the spring of 2018.”
Six Flags New England: Harley Quinn Spinsanity
“Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest attraction, HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity, to open in spring 2018. Inspired by The Joker’s partner-in-crime, this ride promises to deliver epic thrills each time guests experience this villainous, new addition.
HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity is an extreme pendulum ride that will swing guests back and forth, higher and higher, at up to 70 miles per hour on a dizzying journey that will leave riders feeling as wild and out of control as HARLEY QUINN herself.
HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity highlights include:
- 40 riders will be powered at speeds of nearly 70 miles per hour;
- The ride swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise; and
- As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at 147 feet in the air before plunging down from 15 stories.
HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity will be located near the park’s newest attraction, THE JOKER 4D Free Fly Coaster, which opened earlier this year”
Six Flags Great Adventure: Cyborg Cyberspin
“Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that it will premiere the world’s first thrill ride themed to the DC Super Hero CYBORG in 2018. Inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, CYBORG Cyber Spin will deliver an unrelenting and intense anti-gravity experience as it whirls guests on three axes high above the ground.
CYBORG Cyber Spin features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air for intense and continuous movement. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night—this bold, new attraction promises to light up the New Jersey skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.
CYBORG Cyber Spin highlights include:
- · Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;
- · Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;
- · Dazzling nighttime light display; and
- · Located in Metropolis adjacent to JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.
CYBORG Cyber Spin is expected to debut in late spring of 2018″
Six Flags America: Wahoo River
“Six Flags America, The Nation’s Capital of Thrills, today announced that it will debut Wahoo River, an all-new action-packed river adventure, in its water park for the 2018 season.
The park’s existing Castaway Creek will be completely removed and replaced with the Bigger, Better and Wetter Wahoo River. Park guests will be thrilled with major enhancements such as a faster current, immersive rockwork theming, huge waterfalls, and tons of interactive, splashing thrills around every turn.
Wahoo River will be 33% wider and over 40% longer than Castaway Creek. The new attraction will include significant upgrades such as a zero depth entry that will make it convenient for guests of all ages to slip into the cool water with inflatable tubes. Friends and family members will have a blast as they float along the river, encountering wall sprayers, aqua archways, tippy water cones and a new wave generator. The journey continues under graceful water arches spanning the entire width of the river—as guests find even more surprises behind the rock waterfall, through the leaky pipes and under the leaky bridge waterworks.
Wahoo River highlights include:
- Up to 18 feet wide; 33% wider and 40% longer;
- Seven different water action zones with sprays, geysers, waves, waterfalls, leaky pipes, aqua arches and bucket dumps;
- A wave generator that pulses waves every few seconds propelling guests down the water channel;
- Colorful buckets dropping gallons of refreshing water from above; and
- Nearly 2,500 feet of new deck space with hundreds of deck chairs.
Wahoo River is scheduled to debut in spring 2018″
Six Flags Mexico: Wonder Woman Coaster
“Six Flags Mexico is launching its first ever 4D Free Fly Coaster in 2018. This uniquely designed roller coaster will feature theming based on DC’s iconic Super Hero—WONDER WOMAN. On the new WONDER WOMAN Coaster, riders are lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill and then immediately flipped head-over-heels, backwards and forwards multiple times as they speed along the undulating vertically stacked track.
The technologically advanced Free Fly design allows cars to be extended outward from the track as riders sit suspended in mid-air. Two beyond 90-degree raven drops give the sensation of heart-pounding free-falls from high above the ground.”
La Ronde: Carnaval en Folie
“La Ronde, in Montreal, is celebrating all things family with Carnaval en Folie—a new carnival-themed family zone, complete with three, fun new rides sure to delight the young and young at heart. Guests will be fully immersed in an atmosphere inspired by fairs and carnivals of yesteryear featuring rich, vibrant colors and festive music and lighting.
Torsade is a spinning tilt-a-whirl where parents can ride with their children; Petit Roue is a fun-size Ferris wheel that offers the best view of the Carnaval; and Tourbillon is the perfect ride for thrill seekers in training.”
The Great Escape: Pandemonium
“Complete Pandemonium is headed to The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom. On this classic spinning attraction, riders will catch maximum air and experience 360-degrees of adrenaline-packed excitement.
Pandemonium will seat 24 rides in a “face out” position as it lifts, spins and tilts at all angles. The ride quickly accelerates faster and faster, while whirling guests through seemingly endless rotations. An electrifying light package will dazzle onlookers and riders alike.”